Indiana HIMSS Part-Time Student Scholarship
INDIANA HIMSS (Indiana Chapter of the Health Information Management Systems Society) will award one scholarship to a part-time student enrolled in the study of health informatics or related discipline within an undergraduate or graduate pursuit from an accredited institution based in Indiana. The funds awarded will be granted with the sole purpose of satisfying student tuition fees.
Scholarship Amount: $2500
Application Timeline: October 15, 2016 – January 31, 2017 | Online Application
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants MUST conform to the following conditions:
- Must be a member of Indiana HIMSS
- Refer to HIMSS Membership Options section
- Must be attending an accredited college or university within Indiana or an Indiana resident enrolled in a college or university.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate informatics program related to healthcare
- Refer to Acceptable Majors, Minors and Certificates section
- Provide a CV of your academic/professional career
- Provide two letters of recommendation
- Provide an official transcript
- Credit Requirement: Must have completed 3 credit hours related to health informatics or health information management
- Credit Enrollment: Must NOT be enrolled in more than 6 credit hours (Undergrad) / 3 credit hours (Grad) next semester
HIMSS Membership Options:
Use the following links to find out about HIMSS memberships. If you need financial assistance in purchasing a membership, email us your situation with the subject “Membership Assistance for Scholarship”. We will consider assistance requests on a case-by-case basis, and if approved, only a Chapter or Student membership will be paid for.
- Chapter Membership http://www.himss.org/membership/chapter
- Student Membership http://www.himss.org/membership/student
- Regular Individual Membership http://www.himss.org/membership/individual/regular
Acceptable Majors, Minors and Certificates:
A wide variety and combination of study disciplines (Example: Computer Science, Bioinformatics…etc) will be considered as long as applicants are also enrolled in the following health informatics related disciplines at the major, minor, or certificate level.
- Health Informatics (Or similar in name and purpose)
- Health Information Administration (Or similar in name and purpose)
Steps to Apply:
- Review the Eligibility Criteria
- Attain a HIMSS membership if needed
- Click here to complete the online application
Scholarship applicants will be reviewed predominantly on the following basis:
- Scholarly merit
- Financial need
- Letters of recommendation
Contact: If you have any questions, you may email Indiana.firstname.lastname@example.org
Acknowledgement: In the online application, failure to provide accurate information will render your application rejected.